CDBG-CV: Coronavirus Response Funding
The City of Billings was awarded Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding (CDBG-CV) to support coronavirus response for low-income individuals and families in Billings. The City is required to coordinate with state and local health authorities before undertaking any activity to support state or local pandemic response.
Substantial Amendment for CDBG-CV Funding
The City of Billings held a public hearing on an amendment to the Consolidated Plan and the FY2020-20212 Annual Action Plan on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. at the City Council meeting in Billings, Montana. The purpose of the public hearing was to obtain public comment on local housing and community development needs relative to proposed CDBG-CV funding recommendations. The City’s proposed amendment is available online and open for public comment from June 12 through June 28, 2021. The amended plan will then be revised, as required, and submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Detailed information about the rules and regulations governing CDBG-CV program, proposed projects, and the upcoming public hearing can be requested via email at email@example.com or calling 406-657-8284 or 711 for TTY.
CDBG-CV Activities must:
- Exclusively prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus (i.e., SARS-CoV-2 or another coronavirus with pandemic potential).
- Primarily benefit low-income individuals and families in Billings. Extensive documentation relative to the impact of pandemic response activities for low-income beneficiaries, including complete demographics, is required.
- Avoid duplication of other local, state, or federal service or support to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse.
CDBG-CV Application Process
In preparation, the City recently solicited input and public comment via survey instruments and other communication forums to garner data and information to conduct a needs assessment relative to coronavirus / infectious disease response.
The online CDBG-CV applications for grant funding were available from April 19, 2021, until 5:00pm MST on May 14, 2021. The City received two applications for CDBG-CV grant funding:
- The Salvation Army - $55,000 for food delivery, food boxes, etc.
- Downtown Billings Business Improvement District - $117,715 for a new public restroom
Organizations seeking funding for housing development should refer to the Affordable Housing Development program to request a CDBG or HOME funding allocation at www.BillingsMT.gov/chdo.