Lenders & Realtors
The City's First Time Home Buyer program is designed to assist low-income households with financial assistance to purchase their first home. City staff are available to assist involved Realtors and Lenders navigate the process.
Lender & Realtor Tools
- Here is a flowchart that illustrates the process of working with someone going through the First Time Home Buyer program.
- Additional details relative to Realtors and Lenders are summarized in this document. A list of required documents can be accessed here.
- If a client states they have been approved for the program, please verify with City staff at 406-657-3045.
- If you receive a completed First Time Home Buyer application from a client, please verify the application has also been received by the City.
Funds are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis to applicants who have submitted the following:
- Homebuyer Education Certificate of Completion
- Signed Buy-Sell Agreement with eligible purchase price
- Good Faith Estimate with PITI under 42 percent
- The approval process can take over four weeks to get a check issued for closing; timely submission is critical to this process.
- Homes built prior to 1978, with chipping and / or peeling paint, are not eligible for the program.
- Homes with tenants residing in the property to be purchased are not eligible for the program.
- Please keep in mind it takes ten business days for a check request to be processed through the City's financial system. No exceptions will be made.