The Code Enforcement Division is part of the Planning and Community Services Department and works in partnership with the citizens of Billings and Yellowstone County to promote and maintain a safe and attractive community.
The Division, in general, enforces:
- Building codes
- Business regulations
- Land use regulations
- Nuisance codes
- Sign codes
- Specific parking regulations
Please report junk vehicles on the street to the Crime Prevention Center using this form or calling (406) 247-8590.
Our office doors may be locked due to the COVID-19 virus and social distancing but we are still investigating your concerns received via the online form or by calling 406-237-6146.
When our regular schedule returns the Code Enforcement front counter will be open during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- CE Officer Punt will be on duty Monday through Thursday
- CE Officer Morgan will be on duty Tuesday through Friday
- CE Officer Glunt will be on duty Monday through Friday
- CE Officer II Salzman will be on duty Monday through Friday
- CE Officers are available to meet with complainants or clients by appointment only.
- Appointments can be scheduled through CE Clerk.
- Detailed written messages may be left for CE Officers at the Planning Department Receptionist desk and they will go investigate your concern or you may use the online complaint form available.
PROPER STORAGE OF CAMPERS, BOATS AND TRAILERS
Do: Store your camper, trailer or boat in the back yard or properly store on the driveway; in the garage or at a storage facility.
Do Not: Use the City's on-street parking for storage of campers, trailers or boats in residential areas.
Nuisance Weed Season 2020
The Nuisance weed season runs from May 1 until September 30.